• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone constantly goes to black screen....

Shorte85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2010
Michigan, USA
Hello, I'm new to the HTC Thunderbolt community. My first smartphone was a HTC Droid Incredible and loved it so much I had a hard time departing the phone. So when it came time to get a new phone, the guy said that the HTC Thunderbolt is very similar to HTC Droid Incredible 2 (which is what my husband had) so I was okay with that. So I went ahead and got it.

I like the phone, didn't have any problems with it and it seemed to be very similar to the incredible just the screen is a bit bigger. But now I seem to be having a problem with the phone to the point that it's frustrating.

I noticed soon after getting the phone that my phone dies very quickly, which I'm assuming has something to do with the "stock battery" which I'm not too concerned with. However, I also another problem that comes and goes and right now it's not going away. But when I turn my phone on, unlock my phone and go to do something and if I'm not touching the screen within 5 seconds or so my phone goes black and I have to turn the screen back on unlock it and then continue doing whatever it is I'm doing. When this started, I ended up restarting my phone thinking maybe that would help. When I did, the widgets on my phone were "problems loading widgets" in place where the widgets were.

So now I have one screen where I can't get the widget removed, and I'm not sure what is causing all these issues. All I pretty much do is play a couple of games, facebook and sometimes surf the net when I need to look at a few websites. But other than that I keep it at a pretty good minimum. Oh text and call ha, lol...

Anyone had a problem like this before, if so do you know what caused it?

Widgets/Apps installed:
Astro
Beautiful Widgets
Birthday Assistance
CalWidget
DirectTV
Dolphin Browser HD
Days Left Widget
Desktop Visualizer
Packing List Lite
Share Apps
Schedalls
WeatherPro

Games Installed:
Angry Birds
DrawSomething
Move The Box

If there is something else you need from me, please let me know. It's driving me nuts having to constantly forget that I need to keep touching the screen plus the calwidget I can't remove because it won't allow me too. So any help with this would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones