• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So does the $10 charge annoy you so much you would not get the phone even though the total bill on Verizon on comparable plans would be much more?

i think you missed what he said....
I area that he lives and works.. Sprint does not have good reception. So no matter how cheep it is... the Phone has to be able to make and receive calls to be worth any $$$.

This is what hacks me the most about iphone 4... it maybe a better device and OS... but if it cant be reliable as a phone...then it is worthless in an emergency!
I dont understand why millions of people still able to over look this 1 major fail!

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
More satisfied with my decison to stay with Sprint and get the EVO every day. :)
My response to this(and my recent thanks count:mad:(i'm a thanks whore)) disappeared today:-(. Pretty sure it was very concise and thoughtful...... but its almost 3 am so f*ck it.
Android FTW!!!!!!
Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, Cincinnati Bell; HTC, Motorola, Samsung. Whatever for real, as long as Android is taking over then I'm cool!!!

*nmayer waits for somebody, anybody to hit the thanks button:p

Upvote 0
I got hit with some phone envy today... one of my friends and his older palm treo hit me hard... he showed me he hadn't charged it in three days, and he was still sitting pretty at 57%.

Then he got hit with some envy as I began to Shazam the song playing in the restaurant and download it simultaneously with MusicJunk.

Win win for both of us!

Upvote 0
I demo the Vlingo voice to text feature. Floors 'em all the time. Remote Desktop is also jaw dropper. And then I start up Avatar. That's when they want to hold it.

Google Nav is also another app that mets with wide-eyed amazement. But I don't demo it unless I'm near enough outdoors to get a GPS lock.

I was very skeptical of Android when I moved over from WinMo, but I wanted the 4.3" screen, started getting sick of resistive touch, and WP7 looks like a disaster. So I made the switch, and it's like a light shined down from the heavens and angels started singing. I mean, it's soooo much better than WinMo it's ridiculous. In fact, the Evo is flat out ridiculous -- the things it can do and the speed at which they can be done shocked me at first. The bottom line is 1GHz processor + elcair/froyo is a game-changer.

Upvote 0
I got hit with some phone envy today... one of my friends and his older palm treo hit me hard... he showed me he hadn't charged it in three days, and he was still sitting pretty at 57%.

Then he got hit with some envy as I began to Shazam the song playing in the restaurant and download it simultaneously with MusicJunk.

Win win for both of us!

Can you comfortably surf the web without straining your eyes on the Treo? The EVO looks like a show for a real man. I love my Tundra, my weapon, and my EVO! They should make the EVO a part of Texas since everything grows big down here anyway.

Upvote 0
I'm sure the Palm in question was not the Pre -- the Pre is the only smartphone with a worse battery life than the Evo.

I had the Treo 650 and 755, and I never made it three days on one charge. I got a day and a half with the 650 and barely eked out a work day with the 755 (it would have to charge the minute I got home). But surfing the net was an excruciantingly painful chore and forget about GPS navigation or video playback, or the hundreds of other niceties the Evo brings to the table.

And I thought the Treo was the shizz when I used them! I can't imagine what the new phones next year will do that will make the Evo look incapable and slow. But it's inevitable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones