• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone is dead, have card reader - now what?

txheart0711

Jun 16, 2011
Good morning,
When I first got this Ascend I found this website & started messing with the phone. All went well for a little while, then I decided to start deleting things, using the instructions on this site. Well, apparently I didn't pay very good attention, because my stock camera is gone. I can't take pictures, the camera app keeps saying "There is a problem with the camera and it needs to close". In addition, my phone has gotten EXTREMELY slow, almost unusable slow. Drives me absolutely batty. It could take 4 minutes to miss a phone call, hit the phone icon, hit the log icon, hit the missed call & call them back.

To make it worse, my computer all of a sudden died, won't even turn on, so I no longer have access to the original backup that I made for the phone.

This weekend I decided to download the Cricket stock download found in this forum. It aborted every time I tried, no explanation - just aborted. So, I decided to restore the CWM backup that I'd done just before I started messing with it again. JUST before all this, dadgummit! Now I'm stuck at the Huawei logo.

Okay, so I have a card reader - now what? I don't really want to do anything further without asking those who know what the heck they're doing. Help?!

Thank you again,
~Ky

FYI, please note that I am not able to get past the android screen. I have booted into CWM recovery several times & tried pretty much every option available, nothing works. Not flash back to stock, not the Cricket stock zip file, not my saved backups, nada. I do have a computer & a card reader, and the phone is sitting here next to me with the battery out. every time I put the battery in it starts up and hangs, so I'm keeping it out for the time being.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones