• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone mobile network is unknown help

tzpow

Lurker
Mar 29, 2013
Hi,

I got a HTC One S from Craigslist. This phone is rooted with CyanogenMod 10.0.0, Kernal Version 3.0.51, Build date 11/13/2012. This is unlocked and it is a Tmobile phone. The issue I am having is this phone does not pickup any tmobile network when I put in a Tmobile sim card. When I go to Settings->About Phone->Status-> Network shows Unknown, Mobile Network Type shows unknown:0. It shows my phone number. I can't make any call or using the data service. Anyone know how to fix this? Please help.

Everything works when I put in an ATT sim.

If the Esn is bad, then no, you can't reverse a bad Esn. An Esn becomes bad when the original owner doesn't pay their bill, or report the phone as lost or stolen. I've had this happen to me, so I know how it feels to have this happen. All you can do now is try to get your money back, or sell the phone on eBay for parts, stating clearly that the Esn is bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones