• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone no longer charges through computer (well)

kimberlyd86

May 6, 2013
I've had this phone for approximately 4 months. As of two days ago, it barely charges when plugged in by USB to the computer.

It has always been slower to charge it through the computer than to plug it into the wall, but this is different. If I plug it into the computer (Macbook Pro) and use the phone, to play words with friends or anything, the charge actually goes down.

This is a brand new problem. What changed?

I know the solution is to simply charge it through the wall, but I'd like to know why all of a sudden this is happening.

You've got an app or combination of apps that's drawing more power than usb charging can provide.

Start the phone in safe mode, see if that helps with charging from your Mac.

If it does, it's an app.

If it doesn't, then you most likely have a bad media file and the phone is going nuts trying to index it (we see that a lot, a corrupted jpg or mp3 is all it takes).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones