• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Number?

I have noticed that the phone number listed in the about phone section is different from my sim card telephone number. Is that correct, what is that number listed in about phone?

My phone was the same - I had moved from O2 to Orange UK and kept my number, so I think that's where the problem was. I rooted my phone and installed CM7 and have actually told the phone what it's number is, so all is good now! :)

Upvote 0
Mine was brand new sim free and just doesn't have any number there at all and no way to input one.

When I got my phone, from an Orange store, it had a different number. I guessed that was as the phone came with an Orange sim in as I'd changed from O2 (and taken my number with me).

When I rooted, I installed cyanogenmod 7... that's how it's now my actual phone number - if that helps?

Upvote 0
When I got my phone, from an Orange store, it had a different number. I guessed that was as the phone came with an Orange sim in as I'd changed from O2 (and taken my number with me).

When I rooted, I installed cyanogenmod 7... that's how it's now my actual phone number - if that helps?

Grand thanks.. not prepared to root my phone so I'll just to have to go without ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones