• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Rebooted But Wireless Tether And Bluetooth Kept Going...?

ScorpDX

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2010
Dallas/Fort Worth
I was doing my usual thing on the laptop with Wireless Tether running as my hotspot. I was also Bluetoothing and album over to my phone. For whatever reason the phone lit up and then about 3 seconds later rebooted all the way from the htc and splash screen. I got mad thinking I lost my connection mid download. I looked at both the file I was downloading on the laptop and the album I was transferring to the phone. Both still going. WTF? They kept going and both ended exactly when the Sense UI loaded and the HTC lockscreen came up.

Before you ask, no it didn't just reload Sense. It was a full on reboot from the splash screen!

I don't know that there's a solution and I'm not really that worried about it being that it was a one time thing. Just rather odd. I tried to reproduce it with a video camera handy but the phone worked just fine after the reboot.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones