Phone Rebooting (Not gallery App)Support

Last Updated:

1. Verio

Verio Active Member This Topic's Starter

My Motorola Droid has just started randomly rebooting, along with my wifes. We haven't installed any wacky software, and it just started out of the blue. During 3 different phone calls yesterday it rebooted. Last night it was sitting on the couch and I hadn't touched it in 2 hours, it rebooted twice.

I called the 611 number, and Verizon wants me to wipe my phone remotely, but I don't want to lose my contacts or data. They said I can't return it for a new one.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

enable synchronizing to your google account for contacts. for apps you might could try looking into the SPRecovery in the rooting forum so you can make a backup of your applications and/or look into a backup solution like TiBu (titanium backup).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Verio

Is this going to require me to root the phone?

4. Verio

I factory reset the phone last night, and it seemed to be working well. I installed my normal 5 apps I use and went on my way.

Took my phone off of the Media Center charger this morning, and it locked up, again. It forced itself to reset about 10 minutes later.

Irritating.

5. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

It is quite possible that one of your very few apps is the cause. Since you're not rooted and on the stock software, that would make the most sense. It could also be something with the phone itself, but it's unlikely both you and your wife's phones would have this same issue.

You might get more stability rooting and putting on a different rom.. could always try it, and if that doesn't fix it, it's easy to go stock to return the phone to VZW.

6. Demon

Demon Member

My phone has also just started this random reboot and one other new thing is when you try to use the phone you cant hear anything unless you put it on speaker or turn it off then back on.