• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone reboots and defaults ringtones

Bloodworth

Lurker
Jan 14, 2012
I got an LG Enlighten a couple of weeks ago for Christmas, and although I'm getting used to Android, I'm having a big problem with my phone.
Twice so far it has randomly rebooted, and when it does it also resets the ring/text/notification tones to the defaults at which point I have to go and change all three since I have custom ones for those. I'd like to know what the issue is, as the only apps I've downloaded/installed (other than the stock ones) are google+ (and it's messenger app), google googles, Wikipedia, Facebook (launched once, never set up), and Opera mini.
Are any of these apps known to cause this issue, or is this a known issue with the phone, or something else?

I have found my lg vs700 (verizon) rebooting by itself, also, however, no "damage" is done as with yours - changing things. I suspect my issue is a "normal" badly programmed phone - because it has other issues, too.
Yours suggests a broken phone, possibly battery (or connection) problem or bad charger problem. I say these because rapidly flicking power can make hardware do strange things, also, I once bought an extra charger from ebay and it would take over my old motorola droid phone - cursor jumping around, executing random things - I'm guessing that the charger had a lousy hum filter and the power was not clean. I can use this to charge headphones, etc, but not phones.
If it is not too late, I'd ask for a replacement - if it is a bad board problem, you'll never fix that. (I'd also take out the battery, wipe the contacts, look for gunk where they contact and also check if the problem only occurs on the charger.) Good luck!

Upvote 0
While talking to a friend on my Enlighten earlier (on battery) she was talking then I heard about a second of what I thought was just normal line noise, then the Verizon startup music started playing, and when I looked at the screen the Verizon animation was playing. It seemed to take a little longer than usual for the phone to be back to "ready", and the wifi kept scanning. I went ahead and turned the phone off, pulled the battery out for a few seconds and started it back up. It started up normally but no record of my friend's call showed up. Everything else appeared normal, including my ringtones etc are still the way I had them set.
I've had the VS700 since early January and this is the first time something like this has happened. One other time the phone rebooted itself but I think it had done some sort of software update, and not in the middle of a voice call. Otherwise the phone has been nearly flawless, at least compared to the Samsung Moment (Sprint) I had before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones