• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone resetting and now apps missing

slipperyid

Lurker
Nov 26, 2012
Hello all

I had a bit of a search around and couldnt see the same problem/answers so here it is...

I have an unrooted I9100 / SGS2 on 3(uk) which I updated about a month ago through KIES to 4. 0. 4... Since then the phone has started freezing/crashing, then (usually) resetting itself anything upto 3 times a day (often less). Now it seems to have progressed into losing apps as well - I put in a 32GB class 10 sandisk card a few weeks ago, and transfered a few aps to that which all seemed to be fine, but suddenly those apps have greyed out in the menu and front screen... )The card itself seems ok - all my music/pics/videos are there...)

It also forgot my work wifi log in details, and wont display anything when i go to My Apps -> Installed in the Market (although scrolling across to All shows everything)

Does anyone have any idea what I can/should do? is it just a case of download those aps again and keep them on the phone? Should I do a factory reset? Root it? Stamp on it? Have a little cry?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Actually, whenever I open Play Store it spends some time trying to access it, then "Connection timed out"... I've tried both my google log ins with the same result. All the apps with updates failed to update automatically. I am connecting via wifi (no signal at work) but the internet/email is working fine... (I've even tried the old favourite - turning off, then turning it back on again... NOT EVEN THAT WORKED!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones