• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone self dialed last night

MrChips

May 20, 2010
Last night I had my phone charging on the nightstand. It had been idle and charging for about 40 minutes when I left the room to get a glass of water. When I came back I found my wife on my phone explaining that I had NOT just dialed the phone. The person who received the call thought I was pranking her ...at least at first.

I looked in my call log - and it had placed a call! The person was not in my contacts - it just had a number. The area code and first three digits were the same as my number (probably just a coincidence)

Phone: Rooted, running Ivans ROM. This Eris was never that buggy - only ever got the 50% idle and 90% camera battery usage indications - but even when those happened the phone was running fine and battery life was reasonable. This latest issue has me concerned.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Mine did the same thing last night. Phone had been turned off for about an hour due to low battery (go figure). I turned the phone back on, killed all of the active apps that started once I turned it on and then put the screen lock on and put it back in my pocket. About a minute later I hear something on the phone and took it out of my pocket and saw that it had called some random number and didnt recognize whoever it had called. This phone is getting really old really fast lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones