• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Shutting Down... Why?

Not rooted or messed with in any way whatsoever, but for some reason my 6 month old GT540 has shut down twice today without me knowing.

I have not changed anything, except update the apps, NOLED and ALARMDROID.

What are the chances a newer version of an app can affect the phone like this as I am clutching at straws now to try and find out why the phone is shutting down and powering off completely.

ALSO.... it may be of use to say that the 'on' button doesnt turn the phone on again - I have to take the battery out and replace it in order to boot up the phone.

Whats going on?

Cheers.

I had the same issue - then found out there was a tiny split in the battery next to the contacts. I replaced the battery and have had no issues since. (although I repeatedly update and swap and change applications all the time too so my battery life does get a bit of a hammering lol)

This seems to be a common problem with the GT540 battery because I have a split in the battery as well, swapped it and it was causing other problems so poped the origanal back in for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones