• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone stops charging on car charger

thrawn86

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2010
Miranda
on an aftermarket (1.1a) car charger, my fascinate will stop charging after about an hour, regardless of battery level. after disconnecting the phone for 30 minutes or so and then reconnecting, it will resume charging.

The phone gets hot during charging/navigation/pandora of course but no hotter than any other smartphone. I'm inclined to say its a temperature issue, but it happens when I"m using an external power pack as well while sitting and waiting in an airport.

any ideas?

My opinion - the after market car charger is the culprit. I will agree that the phone does get hot during charging. However, I have found that is mitigated if it is on a solid surface (i.e. a shelf, dresser etc.) as opposed to fabric (arm of a chair etc.).
Even though you will pay more, make sure you get the chargers from the manufacturer. If you have a problem caused by an AM product, your carrier and/or the phone manufacturer won't honor any warranties etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones