• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone unlocks withought being touched.

tomdouble

Lurker
Oct 29, 2023
After leaving my phone charging in the other room, i kept having to go and relock the phone because it would unlock and the youtube shorts would play and make noise.

Why does my phone keep unlocking without me touching it?

I felt like this has been happening frequently in my pocket by accident, but until today i didnt realize how often it unlocks without the chance of me hitting the unlock button.

My phone has no pin protection but it does have accidental touch enabled. Any help would be appreciated as this is somewhat annoying. Thanks!

You might check the unlock button to make certain a bit of pocket lint isn't restricting it from fully retracting. If it's in a case, make sure the case isn't positioned where it is partially engaging the unlock button. If it isn't a physical unlock problem, consider a user secured input to keep the phone locked.

You can boot into safe mode and see if it stops. If it doesn't happen in safe mode an app might be causing it.

1. Two options depending on the phone:
--Press and hold the power button.
--Swipe down twice to show the quick settings menu and tap the power icon.
2. Tap and hold Power Off.
3. Select to reboot into safe mode.

More info on Safe Mode:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones