• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone went dead

Termin8

Nov 23, 2009
Had an odd thing happen to my phone the other day. Pressed the power button like usual to wake the phone up and there was no response. I thought maybe I had had somehow turned the phone off so I pressed and held the power button again but again, no response.
After a few moments of panic, I did a Google search with my laptop and found that I needed to press and hold the power and volume buttons for 30 seconds to force reboot the phone. This worked and the phone has been fine ever since. Am a little concerned though. Is this signalling a problem? I love the phone and have had ZERO problems with it since I bought it.

Mine has done the same thing. 3 times. Except for the first time, I have re-booted the phone as you did. Called verizon, said no "new" phone, only refurbished. Told me to call the maker, they said no replacement from them, just send us the phone for 7-10 days and we will evaluate the problem, and then go from there. Since the first week of the month it hasn't done it again. I don't know if it's fixed or not. But looks like the only option for me is refurbished next day by verizon if this phone does it again. I bought the phone in either April or May of this year.

PS. the day I went to call Motorola the phone did something weird also. I cant remember what but I know I was just as upset as when I'd pick up the phone to use it and find it had cut itself off. 3 times, in less then 3 months.

Other than that, I like the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones