• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone wont sleep?

Hi all,
after weeks of being afraid, i finally installed the new update to my evo last night. My phone isnt/wasnt rooted before the install...and my battery life seems to really crappy since i did the install last night. I took the phone off the charger at 7am, used it just for texting basically, sent maybe 50 texts back and fourth and now the phones at 68% battery life via system monitor.

I check the about phone and it says the uptime and awake time are the same...is this because it was changed with the new software? the phone was on and plugged in all night and its only giving me an "UP" time and awake time of 3 hours and xx minutes?

Anyone else have this problem? with the phone being awake, will this kill my battery faster? i searched and could only find problems with the eris, not the evo, any ideas?

I had this problem the first week i got the phone, i had terrible battery life and sprint reset it, and made the problem disappear...i had awesome battery life averaging 10-18 hours on a single charge with heavy useage...any ideas?

could be a number of things. Whats your brightness level? What do you have on syncing in the background? What is the frequency of the syncs? how long before your screen go to sleep?

I have yet to do the HTC update. I've heard mixed reviews of the update. My phone is ok so far. I can get nearly 24 hours on single charge with minimal use. I can get 6-10 hours with decent use of web browsing, FB app, games, few calls (more data use than voice obviously) running on 3g.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones