• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I don't understand this behavior

Something strange happened on my new, rooted Pixel 7 Pro today and I cannot explain the behavior at all. Maybe one of you can.

I have ‘Flip to Shhh’ enabled and I have stay awake disabled. I plugged the phone in and flipped it over before I went to bed last night. This morning, the battery was at 88% (and I have since read a number of posts explaining this and possible ways to address this behavior). However, when I saw this, I assumed the cable had slipped out, so I plugged it in, put it down (face up), and hit the power button to turn off the screen.

Here’s the behavior I don’t understand: About 15 seconds later, the screen turned on! I again hit the power button to turn the screen off and after about 15 seconds it turned on again. This time, I watched it to see if it would turn off after 30 seconds. It didn’t, but after about 15 seconds, there was ‘wave’ that moved across the screen (and this repeated like every 15 seconds).

What the heck is going on?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones