• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone works, screen does not yet sometimes it does

Sunstuff

Lurker
Nov 17, 2011
Hello

One night I was using the phone without doing anything special , some video watching . Phone went dark, tried to reboot. Blank Screen and the capacitive buttons flash. Left it to charge all night, in the morning it started but after I pressed the lock button blank screen but phone still working and receiving input.

Took the battery and SD card out left it for 30 seconds then started it again, Stuck at LG logo. Repeat , phone started ... Pressed lock button once then again to unlock , screen wouldn't start.

Used LG Mobile Update recovery tool to restore it ... Didn't solve problem. Sometimes it does not even start , just flashes buttons, other times it does without screen and last all works even the screen until first time goes dark , in the last two cases I can use LG On-Screen Phone without trouble, in doing so I installed a proximity sensor test app to see if it was causing my screen to not come back on , the sensor looked fine.

Facts:
1. Two day old Optimus Black p970, worked like a charm until stated problem
2. The app that checked proximity sensor showed the sensor to be free when my hand wasn't on it
3. The warranty laws in my country are idiotic so I would do or buy anything rather than send it so they can give me a new one in 3 months.
4. Tried another battery from another Optimus, fully charged nothing different.
5. Stock rom.

Do any of you fine people have some ideas on how to fix this? :eek: Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones