• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone wouldn't recognize a rich-text web form??

EdNerd

Feb 2, 2011
I was using my son's Fascinate (haven't gotten mine yet - 'nuther week or two) and logged into a web forum I frequent on my PC. I tried to initiate a new thread, but the phone wouldn't recognize the rich text field where you type in the body of the post.

The Title field was a simple text box - I selected the field, and got the orange highlight around the text box and the keyboard popped up.

The Message Body field, though, was a rich text field. I selected it and got the orange highlight, but that vanished in a second and the keyboard never showed up.

Is there a way around this?
Ed

I post from my Fascinate every day.

Going from one text field to another can be done in more than one way. I like to put in the tread title, then use the device's back key (not the browser "back" feature) to view the page with the thread title but not the post yet, then touch the posting text field and create the post.

It's an extra step compared to hitting "enter," but seems more reliable going from one text field to another.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones