• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picky Browser App Behaviour... ?

tactik

Lurker
Dec 7, 2010
First off, Hi everybody!
Sorry if this is weirdly written or formatted... I'm in the Himalayan foothills, posting from my HTC Legend.

The issue is that whilst I can browse seemingly normally with Opera Mini... I can't connect with the standard Android browser or with Dolphin. They just hang.
My connection is with a company called Aircel.
And I have no idea why Opera connects, As well as the Android mail app and even the software update check, but other browsers, nope. Nada.

It wouldn't be an issue, but Opera doesn't allow me access to some key sites (banking, etc): due to how they are formatted or what-not.

Note: the Android browser worked fine before I got this new connection with Aircel (previously with AirTel india).

Info:
2.1-update1
Webkit 3.1
2.10.178.1 CL211993 release-keys

I am thinking there is some odd setting which Opera is dealing with which the other browsers don't like.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones