• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pictures disappeared in SG S 2

Samkee007

Apr 29, 2011
Why my Samsung Galaxy 2 keep losing pictures? I mean some of the recent took pictures are disappeared after 10 some days. The strange part is not all disappeared it just like they been deleted and I can't find them any where ( SD card too ) It seems like other people have the same problems with Android phones. My previous Samsung Omnia HDI8910 ( Symbian ) didn't have this problem. I am with AT&T the phone is purchased unlocked on Internet.
A big thanks if some one can help.

I've never heard of this problem. Are you sure no-one's just deleting them off your phone to annoy you? :p

What firmware are you running? Did you load some new software / kernel / rom, etc around the time it started happening? I'm 100% sure a full wipe and reinstall will fix the problem, but it's undesirable.
I have not updated the firmware since I got the phone in Jun and never flashed the rom. A full wipe meaning re-set to factory settings may result in losing some programs I might as well upgrade to newer firmware. What is the current one? 2.3.4 right? As for some one might delete my pics is highly unlikely because the phone stays by me at all times. I began to think a defective SD card may be the culprit.

Upvote 0
Either a defective card or you photos are somewhere on the phone. Have you checked to see where you have it set to send the photos.

Just a thought but maybe it got set to send the images some where else on the phone.
All photos are set in gallery by default ( I didn't change it or do anything ) I tried to use Astro file Manager & QuickPic to locate the missing pics so far still no luck.
Finally, I decided to upgrade the firmware this morning through UK KIES instead of US one which I don't even know AT&T did release any upgrade for this phone or not. This is what I got: Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware version I9100XXKI1( PDA:KI4/PHONE:KI1/CSC:KH2 (XEU) Unfortunately, with newer firmware I still can not find the missing pics. By now I pretty much think they are long gone...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones