• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pictures in messaging that I can't get rid of

SpecialFK

Lurker
Dec 7, 2014
Hello everyone,

I've tried searching online, but I can't find anything. I am not exactly sure what the core problem is, so it is hard to troubleshoot. Here's the deal:

When I go to messaging, click the attach icon and then select pictures I go to a menu that says "recent", I get the pictures I've taken with the phone, and a slew of other pictures. I don't know where the other pictures came from because they were never saved or viewed with my phone. They all have the Google Drive triangle icon next to them, but if I log into Google Drive they are no where to be seen. I can't bring them up in the gallery, and Picasa won't even let me into the app until I go through the "setup", which I don't want to do because I've heard plenty of horror stories about similar problems.

How on earth do I get rid of these? I tried just deleting Google Drive altogether to see if that would work, but I couldn't find a way to do it that wouldn't also get rid of my email and YouTube account, those two being the only Google services I have any desire to keep.

Any ideas...?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones