• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pictures in Text Messages

hoozmeyers

Lurker
Sep 19, 2010
On a Samsung Fascinate (not sure if that is relevant) does anyone know how to make pictures that come in to a text message just show up in the message. I got my first incoming text on this phone with a picture attached. I saw the message and a "play" button. Push the button, goes to a screen 1/2 which just has the text itself (which I have already read at this point in the original bubble), then sits for a few seconds, then finally goes to screen 2/2, pulls up the picture, with no text. If I go back to the original message, the play button is still there and I have to go through it all over again. Any setting/apps anyone knows of to just have the picture come up automatically as part of the text.

I am coming from a Palm Pre and the photo would just be sitting there when I opened the message.

Thanks!

This same thing happened to me!!! I asked a friend to send me a picture she liked of herself to set as her contact photo (I had come to the Galaxy without transferring any of my pix from my Dare, so I was starting fresh)... and the "photo" she sent me had an arrow in it (which to me symbolizes a video clip), and just like you said... with five seconds of play....??? I asked her, and she said, "No, I sent you a photo, not a video"... so ???? hmmmm

Upvote 0
You can save all attachments in a text, by long pressing BESIDE the actual photo with an arrow. In other words, dont long press the actual photo, long press to the right of it. It will bring up an option to save all attachments. This happens a lot with forwared messages. Or messages with multiple photos/videos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones