• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pictures/media lost

ilikemyeris

Jan 8, 2010
So all of the sudden my phone starts messin up on me, i go to my albums and see that i only have 20 pictures out of the 313 i had previously on the phone it would sometimes come up with all the original photos and everything in the album but now it's like just gone. How can i get them back???? I put it as a disk drive to try and look for it but when i go into DCIM there's only like 10 files in there. this is fustrating me!!!

please helppP!

So all of the sudden my phone starts messin up on me, i go to my albums and see that i only have 20 pictures out of the 313 i had previously on the phone it would sometimes come up with all the original photos and everything in the album but now it's like just gone. How can i get them back???? I put it as a disk drive to try and look for it but when i go into DCIM there's only like 10 files in there. this is fustrating me!!!

please helppP!

In all honesty, if your card isn't reading 90% of the files it should have on there then I would guess that those pictures are gone unless you have a backup of them stored somewhere. I had a similar issue, well more like around the block from your issue really, a while back. My phone would not read any of my files on my card, but they did physically show up on my card. After several reboots, backup restores and whole wipes to flash new roms, my pictures finally started showing up on my phone. I believe I've read where some have had their phone screw up the card inside of it. Can someone else verify this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones