• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pircay apps

i looked at [site name removed] today but took it off my phone because some people say its dodgey some people say its safe, some people say its unfair which yes it is because the devs who made them apps arnt gettin money they deserve if they are good apps, but it also comes in handy for the people who struggle to pay for every app, is [site name removed] safe? i dont want a full convo about is but is it safe? can you get a virus off it? also what about getjar?

Getjar is fine, it's legitimate and they cut deals with devs so certain apps can be distributed free. Updates can be an issue, but it's generally the best place for free and legal apps.

Aside from the moral issues surrounding places like the site you mentioned, I wouldn't trust getting apps from there (if you think about it, the site is run by criminals). I'd like to ask that you not really press the matter though, as per the Site Rules & Guidelines, piracy isn't something we're allowed to discuss.

I know you've another thread ongoing, hopefully some of the apps I've linked to will sort you out. If not, let me know if there's anything specific you want and I can have a look around for you.

Reactions: Slug and Roze
Upvote 0
Getjar is fine, it's legitimate and they cut deals with devs so certain apps can be distributed free. Updates can be an issue, but it's generally the best place for free and legal apps.

Aside from the moral issues surrounding places like the site you mentioned, I wouldn't trust getting apps from there (if you think about it, the site is run by criminals). I'd like to ask that you not really press the matter though, as per the Site Rules & Guidelines, piracy isn't something we're allowed to discuss.

I know you've another thread ongoing, hopefully some of the apps I've linked to will sort you out. If not, let me know if there's anything specific you want and I can have a look around for you.
thanks mate is there any other sites like getjar?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones