• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel 7 Pro: What pending install?

rdpinr

Oct 28, 2017
Hello. I'm not having any issues with anything; I'm just wondering about this. In the Google Play Store, it has been showing that I have an install pending. This message has been there for quite some time (months). I've tried to figure out what it's referring to, but I can't find anything.

Does anyone have any idea what this is, or maybe how to figure it out, if it wouldn't be too complicated?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230920-063539 - Copy.png
    Screenshot_20230920-063539 - Copy.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 78
At this point, if it was my phone, I would do a factory reset.

You're using 75GB of your storage which tells me you probably have a lot of apps and one of those apps have an update which is hanging up
Thank you for the suggestion. I am a HUGE music lover. I own about 5500 mp3's, at around 57 GB at this point. That's what's taking up the storage. As I mentioned in my OP, I'm not experiencing any issues, so I am not even willing to CONSIDER resetting my phone at this time! (From out of the box, it took me over a week to get everything just how I want it.)

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Do you have any apps that are not from the Google Play Store?

Were there a variety of sites you got your music from?
I keep my settings to only allow play store apps. My mp3's have come from a few places over the years. First was Amazon. Then I learned that the music Google sold was of higher digital quality. When Google stopped selling music, I searched and discovered MP3VA.

It might be worth pointing out that I have a total of 4 phones that I have my music on. My current Pixel 7 Pro, my "ex" Samsung S9+, my "ex" LG G5, and a cheap $50 Samsung "burner" that I purchased strictly to use as a Bluetooth mp3 player. Of course you already know that phones without SIM cards can still make perfectly functional players. (I told you I was a HUGE music fan!) The point I 'm getting to is that I'm not having anything unusual with my 3 other phones.

Upvote 0
Was there anything you had to download to install music from MP3VA? or is MP3VA streaming only, no downloading?
Nothing installed. But it's not streaming. Customers download mp3's directly, as mp3 files. I listen to my music 100% offline. In fact, Mucicolet, my MP3 player of choice, takes a lot of pride in the fact that their player does not connect to the Internet at all. I try to be really vigilant when it comes to cyber security. I scanned my first several purchases from MP3VA with Virus Total before trusting them completely.

Upvote 0
Could this be a regional thing? As in, where we are in the world? Just checked my Pixel and my LG (the 2 devices that are convenient to me right now). There is no Musicolet update. Last update both devices: July 28.

That's odd, maybe that's the problem. State side it says:

Updated on
Sep 19, 2023

Contact the people who made it
Krosbits

Upvote 0
That's odd, maybe that's the problem. State side it says:

Updated on
Sep 19, 2023

Contact the people who made it
Krosbits
Krosbits website says "Version 6.9, build 445". That's what I have. Now, I do have the "Pro" version, so maybe that's why I already have the latest.

Besides, that wouldn't make any sense. How could a download just released yesterday be "pending" on my device for months now? That's impossible!

Upvote 0
Musicolet Music Player - Apps on Google Play Strange when Google play says Sep 19 2023 update. Must have to do with the Pro version.

Besides, that wouldn't make any sense. How could a download just released yesterday be "pending" on my device for months now? That's impossible!......Not impossible if there was another update between July 28th and Sep 19th

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Musicolet Music Player - Apps on Google Play Strange when Google play says Sep 19 2023 update. Must have to do with the Pro version.

Besides, that wouldn't make any sense. How could a download just released yesterday be "pending" on my device for months now? That's impossible!......Not impossible if there was another update between July 28th and Sep 19th
Yes, that makes sense. I see what you're saying, now. But I had confirmed, at least according to the Krosbits website, that I am using the latest version. And my Play Store app is still claiming there is a download pending. I think that's what was confusing me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones