• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Places to meet singles?

You can start online at one of the many sites: eharmony ect...

After failing with that, try meetup.com. It's a site that has a lot of special interest groups that meet up and do various things from drinking to hiking to playing chess, whatever it is you are into there is probably a group in your area that meets at least once or twice a month. This is probably my best suggestion as not only do you have a reason to meet random and new people but if you do meet a girl you like, she will at least have one interest in common with you. Of course there are singles and young professional type groups too that just meet up to drink ect...

Another option if you are into sports: Find a league around you. I am in a flag football league at the moment. We play every saturday and then everyone in the league goes out and drinks at the bar for happy hour after.

Upvote 0
my longest(and best) relationships have been with women that i ended up dating when i wasn't actively looking to date someone.

Ironic.

my crappiest relationships "fell into my lap"...

Oh wait.. thats all of them except the last..

Ironically I was looking when i found my last gf... and well.. I just didn't expect to end up with her of all people.. oh well.. it was good while it lasted.

Upvote 0
have you tried church? hehe

If I believed in god.. I would..

but......
@MPW I don't drink.. i really only drink socially occassionally.. and that is all I care to drink.. I don't need liquid courage..

@SoFLO Yes, I *never* pass up opportunity.. but, it would be nice if there was a way to make opportunity more abundant. When there is no chance, make a chance.

@smacky Might even find some clear heels!

Upvote 0
I'm actually agnostic.. So I just find churches altogether awkward..

Plus... well one factor in the breakup.. although we never really discussed it.. was the fact that I'm agnostic.. and she was worried if we had kids how things would go if she wanted to bring them to church..

So yeah.... not exactly the best place for me to go meet someone new..

Upvote 0
Live life, you're young! Why rush and run after women that might not be the one you end up with? I say just do what you enjoy, and eventually you'll bump into her ^_^

If you love to read, a book store! :) If you see a girl that's browsing the same literature you like, you can suggest a book that you love, and chat her up.

lol.. because... most of what I enjoy doing is solitary things.. coding/gaming ect..

Doesn't begin to remotely fufill the basic human need for companion ship.

And I find girls are far more aesthetically pleasing than my brothers ;P

Upvote 0
Judging from your replies... yea it's hopeless. Luck is your only ally at this point.

Lol nothings hopeless..

I just need places to go.

I will talk to pretty much any girl and have no problem when there is opportunity..

When there isn't I will make opportunity.

ANd luck has never... ever been an ally to me... so I am not going to worry about that useless "friend" now.

*edit*

My statement of seeking a cute nerdy girl is more of a "preference" however, you never know who you may be compatiable with.

Life isn't about finding exactly what you need in a person. Its about finding someone interesting and seeing how far it goes.

Upvote 0
So.. out of curiosity where do you guys go to meet single people of the opposite gender (those of you that do anyway).

In my local town.. it seems all the girls are either A. Crazy B. Have a kid/pregnant or C. Already have a boyfriend...

I wouldn't mind meeting some nerdy-in-a-cute-way-chick who is actually intelligent and attractive.. however, I'm stumped as far as where to look >.>;

Not a big fan of bars or anything like that... who would have thought by 22 so many girls would have kids... (or just be completely insane.. must be the water heck even my friends that are girls in this town say don't date chicks from here X.x)
Just out of curiosity, where do you reside?

Through my own experience, I'd say it depends on your personality and the type of area you live in. For example, if you're a really chill type of guy that likes to take it slow, not wild or crazy, you'd probably have trouble finding someone in a place like Las Vegas, due to the nature of the residents there.

I live in NYC, and majority of the women here are so loaded with this mentality that all guys are full of shit, you have many options, and to play the field, until you find someone that has enough money to take care of you + your ambitions to get into law school.

When I do go out to clubs, lounges, and social areas, I seem to always be attracted to the females that do not live in the city. If i happen to end up meeting a woman that actually lives here, they're all about just a quick fling then poof, on to the next one.

I honestly believe that If I lived in a more low key area that I would meet women more in sync with taking things slow, etc etc.

Aside from that, I have to agree with Stephen 58. If you're looking for females, the best way to meet someone that you'd be interested in is to hang out in social areas that you'd find interesting. Find something that you like, and then work with it.

(For the record, clubs, bars and lounges are bad places to meet women, due to the fact that women are aware that guys are trying extra hard to pick them up, as they are in return. Then with alcohol in the picture, people get horny, things happen, then when the dehydration resides, so does the possibility of anything long term)

Upvote 0
LOL I'm into gamers &(or) techie guys, so I go to local howie's game shack and play some MW2 on xbox 360. Well, guys come to watch me play and talk to me. :D

^ I think that's one of the good ways for me to meet... singles / people in general.
Gamers and techie guys? A rare breed indeed:p
Live life, you're young! Why rush and run after women that might not be the one you end up with? I say just do what you enjoy, and eventually you'll bump into her ^_^

If you love to read, a book store! :) If you see a girl that's browsing the same literature you like, you can suggest a book that you love, and chat her up.
+1 Although i don't really ever see any girls (at all) in the sci fi section of bookstore:(.

Upvote 0
I met my Girlfriend in gym class during high school, I was a huge jock so I took gym seriously and me and my friends tend to get out of hand. We were playing a game thats kind of a cross between basketball/soccer called handball. I was going for a goal and accidentaly knocked her over. helped her up went back to the game.. we ended up talking after gym class. weve now been dating for 5 years.

wasnt looking for a relationship either just kind of happened.

one of my now good friends I met her by walking into my local Hot Topic to buy some gauges and she greeted me. She was very bubbly and chatty so we talked for a bit, now her and my GF are great friends and we hang out frequently.

so my best advice is simply keep an open mind and think that someone can pop up any minute, and dont rule out someone cause they dont fit your first impressions I've met some very preppy/slutty popular types who know more about cars and electronics than I do (im A+ cert, ASE,and network certified)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones