• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play Store Downloading really sloooooooowly

Well my download speed is about 12Mb and I just downloaded angry birds from Samsung market in about 10 secs flat but anything off the Google Play market is taking ages, for example Ive been downloading a screen brightness widget for over half an hour and its still not hereand thats on two seperate devices, my phone and my tablet! !!

Any ideas appreciated, Im in Uk if its a different market to US.

Adey

Upvote 0
Well I dont know whats going on but both my phone and my tablet wont download anything or update anything! It just says downloading and has been like that for 2 hours so have stopped it and cleared the cache of google play and data and done the same for download manager but result is still the same stuck on downloading whatever i do?
This is driving me crazy now?

Adey

Upvote 0
Well I dont know whats going on but both my phone and my tablet wont download anything or update anything! It just says downloading and has been like that for 2 hours so have stopped it and cleared the cache of google play and data and done the same for download manager but result is still the same stuck on downloading whatever i do?
This is driving me crazy now?

Adey

Is there a way to contact google play?

Upvote 0
Well it turns out you were right. I went out of the house and tried it over 3g and it worked so I assumed it was a problem with my wifi or broadband provider but when I got home an hour later it worked over wifi just as it had before with no problems .
Would be great if they could have a message on the store when there's a local problem !!!
Anyway thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Adey

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones