• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Play Store exits immediately after startup

ccoyle

Lurker
Apr 27, 2013
I have a stock, unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-18190) running Android 4.1.2. When I fire up Play Store, I get a grey screen for a split second, then it exits immediately. When I clear data with the application manager,the log in screen comes up for a split second, then it exits.

When I try to install an app from my laptop, nothing happens.

After a phone reboot (but before starting Play Store), I get this error message: "com.google.process.gapps has stopped."

My other Google apps seem to be working OK.

What's wrong?

You'll have to go to settings -> accounts then you can delete the account.

Got it. Thanks. Still exiting right after starting it up. I see a blank gray screen with a black strip at the top and the Logo and "Play Store." Then it exits.

Just rebooted and got the same "Unforunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." Time to do a little research.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones