• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

playing video screen timesout?

Quick question: how well does screebl work during day to day use? I tend to have the phone clipped to my jeans, slid in a pocket, lying on a desk, held perfectly vertically, or propped at an angle either horizontally and vertically. Plus I switch between sitting and standing all day. I worry that an orientation-based manager might have an unforeseen problem given the constantly changing 3D reality...

I should really just try it, shouldn't I? ;) I've heard good things.

I'm liking keepscreen because there's only a few apps I care about timing out (browser, youtube, some games) and many others I want to dim out as quickly as possible (pandora, slacker, really music players of any sort.)

Upvote 0
Quick question: how well does screebl work during day to day use? I tend to have the phone clipped to my jeans, slid in a pocket, lying on a desk, held perfectly vertically, or propped at an angle either horizontally and vertically. Plus I switch between sitting and standing all day. I worry that an orientation-based manager might have an unforeseen problem given the constantly changing 3D reality...

I should really just try it, shouldn't I? ;) I've heard good things.

I'm liking keepscreen because there's only a few apps I care about timing out (browser, youtube, some games) and many others I want to dim out as quickly as possible (pandora, slacker, really music players of any sort.)

Whenever I put my Droid in my pocket I always lock the screen anyway, out of habit (I had a Dare which would trouser dial like crazy with the slightest movement). I've never pulled out my phone to a glowing/on screen. Screebl doesn't wake up when the phone isn't exactly 90 or 180 degrees (which is almost never in normal use, unless you're laying it down or measuring it with a ruler). You can also adjust the exact sweet-spot using the accelerometer, so it knows just how you like to hold your phone. Screebl only keeps the display on, it never awakens it. It's nice because I often put my phone down on a table (180 degrees) while using the browser or Gameboid and it won't keep the display on unlike keepscreen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones