playing videos??Support

Last Updated:

1. ray1510

ray1510 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my mate sent me a video through bluetooth but when i play it the picture is tiny! what is the best format for playing videos on the x10 ive got a converter to convert it.

Advertisement
  2. dpk0875

dpk0875 Active Member

the picture is tiny because the resolution of the file is tiny.
    most common resolution for video files to play on cellphones i find is 320x240.
    x10 has a screen resolution of 845x480 (when it's on its side) so if you play a file that is 320x240 it will only take up half the screen.
    you could double click the screen while it's playing the video which does the full screen, however it will prolly lack quality

as for converting your own video files from your computer just make sure the file's resolution is something around 845x480. hope this helps!

3. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I use yxflash to play my videos on it, and it works great, I used to convert them using Divx Converter which is free to download, it has all the settings to adjust to any screen resolution you like, All I do is just slide over movies I downloaded that are widescreen and most of them are from 700mb to 2gb and it plays them fine, I am not to worried about space for it has the 16gb card but It saves all the converting. Right now I have Avatar, Planet 51, Wolfman, Iron Man 2 on my phone and they all play without a hitch.

4. chris_knows

chris_knows Member

Just to correct dpk, the screen is 854x480 (not a big difference, just nit-picking lol).

dpk0875 likes this.
  5. kenthandsfree

kenthandsfree Active Member

just downloaded rockplayer, it's beta but works perfectly.
    video from my old n97 played in small scale before, this app lets you go full screen.

6. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Try Zimly for music and video playback I have taken some of the videos of my old LG KC910 and even when added using Media Go then and any other media player the videos all play less than full screen and look crap as said above but for some reason Zimly plays them in full screen and they look great!

Plus Zimly is free on the market and the best bit that I like about it is that when you delete a file using it after pressing the delete button a box pops up saying

"If you do this, ******* will be cast into the fiery pits of Mount Doom and never to rise again."

And offers two buttons "Destroy" "Cancel"

Its got to be worth it just for that alone LOL :)

7. dpk0875

dpk0875 Active Member

ha, thx for the correction - and that was me actually trying to be correct in detail:D