• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Playing with QtADB and...

Tell me how to "adb push" a file to /cache on stock rooted ROM with stock kernel. "adb shell su ..." works, but can't get "adb push" with root access. In case you wonder here is how /cache is mounted:

Code:
/dev/block/mtdblock1 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

Upvote 0
Tell me how to "adb push" a file to /cache on stock rooted ROM with stock kernel. "adb shell su ..." works, but can't get "adb push" with root access. In case you wonder here is how /cache is mounted:

Code:
/dev/block/mtdblock1 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

I don't know how but just Wondering what you want to push to cache?

Upvote 0
I'm pushing the "tools" and extendedcommand file which tells recovery what to do. However stock Android comes with system property "ro.secure=1" in kernel and pushing to /cache and /data even if rooted does not work.
Also QtADB uses "adb push" to copy files from PC to these partitions. So it is a major issue. And there is no workaround for this, except install new kernel or reboot to custom recovery and work from it.

Upvote 0
edit got it to work with right click method on native QtADB.... on your vr of QtADB when i right click and chose folder hit ok and Qtadb crashes

sorry for the noob question but ive been reading for sometime now and cant pull or push sys apk from phone to computer or from computer to phone using command line ADB please a step by step idk what commands to start with getting su priv and how to pull sys apk i have tried to follow some other tuts but none seem to work.i really love your ver of QtADB but i really need to learn how to use the command line tool tool thanks

Upvote 0
For those new to Linux, as I am, here is a quick tip to get QtADB working. (I did this on Ubuntu 12.04, but it should work on most all Linux distros) After installing the Java-6-openjdk and setting up the Android SDK , I extracted the QtADB zip file then moved it to the home folder. I then right clicked the QtADB .exe and selected properties. Then I selected permissions and checked the Exacute box. Clicked out, then double clicked (left click) the .exe. It asked me to show the path to adb and aapt. I selected the SDK folder, then selected with one left click the Platform-tools folder and dropped down and selected "open" that was at the bottom of the pop up box.

That's all there is to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones