• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pleas help, downloaded apps missing from Market

KatieMCR

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
Nearly all my downloaded apps are missing from the Downloads list in the Market. I have the Motorola Droid. I manually updated it to 2.2 following the instructions I found on these forums. The apps were still showing up in the Downloads list after the update. Yet now when I go look there, it only shows 2 apps: Google Maps and Yahoo Mail. I've tried searching all over the internet, but have not had much luck finding help with this issue. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anyway to resolve it? I would appreciate any help.

Do the apps themselves still show in the Market, though?

If you have very few apps you could always find them in the market, and try ot install them, and see what it says - it might just install over your current app, but all your settings should be saved.

If you have a lot of apps, then this gets more complicated - I know that Titanium backup has a Market Doctor where it can fix those missing market links, but 1) It requires root, and 2) That may still not fix all your apps. It has fixed them all for me but I know that some people have said it didn't work.

The thread that you got the forced update instructions from - was there anything in the thread (yes, I know it is long, but you can go from page to page and just use your browser search for the word market, instead of reading every single post)?

Upvote 0
I don't know the exact number, but I probably have over 50 apps I have downloaded from the Market. The apps are all still present on the phone. I have looked for a few of the apps in the Market, and I am able to find them. It says the app is installed when viewing it in the Market, yet it still doesn't show in the Downloads list. I will try looking through that thread to see if anything was posted.

Upvote 0
I don't know the exact number, but I probably have over 50 apps I have downloaded from the Market. The apps are all still present on the phone. I have looked for a few of the apps in the Market, and I am able to find them. It says the app is installed when viewing it in the Market, yet it still doesn't show in the Downloads list. I will try looking through that thread to see if anything was posted.

Have a question for you... Right after the update, I had the same problem and found (much to my dismay) that the apps were all there--it was just I was trying to start the drag and swipe from too close to the bottom center of the screen.

If you've already tried this, my apologies (not trying to insult, but this was what happened to me). But, have you tried tapping on the grid in the bottom center, then gently tapping inbetween the apps you see and dragging up toward the top? That's how I found my apps...

Yep, I had a senior moment and am hoping this is true for you since it is a much easier fix than the alternatives if the apps are truly missing....

Upvote 0
Have a question for you... Right after the update, I had the same problem and found (much to my dismay) that the apps were all there--it was just I was trying to start the drag and swipe from too close to the bottom center of the screen.

If you've already tried this, my apologies (not trying to insult, but this was what happened to me). But, have you tried tapping on the grid in the bottom center, then gently tapping inbetween the apps you see and dragging up toward the top? That's how I found my apps...

Yep, I had a senior moment and am hoping this is true for you since it is a much easier fix than the alternatives if the apps are truly missing....

She is having an entirely different problem.

She has her apps - but in the market, under downloads, the apps she has are not showing as installed.

@katie - I am loathe to suggest it, but perhaps a factory reset would help - however, that may also not work correctly, as if only 2 apps are showing in your market, then only those 2 may end up being installed again.

But the bright side is that you can sync your list to AppBrain with their app now, then perform a factory reset, and then install that app again and force them to be installed from the market one by one so that you don't have to worry about exporting a list and searching for them yourself....

Upvote 0
I don't know how, but this issue is now fixed. I just finished installing the FRG22D update manually. I immediately went to the Downloads section of the Marketplace after the update was done, and all my downloaded apps are showing again. Thanks for those who attempted to help me. I don't know how the update fixed it, but it looks like it did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones