1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

please help me compress my mp3 file so I can send it in a text message to someone

1. julikat73

julikat73 New Member

please help me compress my mp3 file so I can send it in a text message to someone. I have tried and tried to find an app to help me but I'm lost. I am new to smartphones I have an android optimus and everytime I try to send the song or even part of the song it says file is too big to attach.

Advertisement
    :
  2. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

3. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

Try uploading the track to something like zippyshare and just text the link so your friend can download it?
  4. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member

There are PC audio converters out there which will re-encode MP3 files. Google is your friend. Just re-encode it with a lower bit rate. I don't think switching from Stereo to Mono will affect the size much.

Or use the cloud sharing option as noted by oleb84.

Hope this helps.
  5. roricharny

roricharny New Member

Based on compression attribute, we classify audio format into three categories: uncompressed, lossless compressed, and lossy compressed.

MP3 is the lossy compressed audio format. To compress this kinds of files, you'd better to lower the bitrate or sample rate of them.

Just Google search "Faa Audio Compressor - How to Compress WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, WMA, etc on Mac and Windows?", there is a nice option.