• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help me fix my Android/Google profile pic problem

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
When I send a text message to someone with an Android phone, it shows my profile picture as a very old picture that was actually from a tumbnail from a youtube video of Robert F Kennedy Jr I uploaded over 5 years ago.

Also people on Gmail... when they receive an email from me, it shows this photo for my profile.

IT"S NOT EVEN ME! I mean, RFK Jr, is a cool guy but I don't want to impersonate him! and everyone keeps asking me about the weird photo and who it is and I really need to fix it!

I have tried everything to change this. I've changed my profile picture in Youtube, on Gmail... I have two accounts, I've changed the profile pic for both. I can't find this photo anywhere online anymore. But Google still thinks I want it as my profile picture for texting and gmail.

I would be soooooo grateful if someone could give me a guess where else I could fix this. I'm running out of ideas.

(my phone is Android 2.3.7)

thanks!!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones