• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Help Me !!!

escorbar23

Lurker
Jan 28, 2014
Hello, I have a major problem I hope someone can help me with. I have gone to great lengths to try to show the problem both in photos and video of the problem. I cannot find anything about this and it is making me very angry. The phone I purchased is a ZTE Radient : Which I am told is the newest android out; they did not even have cases for the phone at the mall and it is supposedly twice as powerful as the Galaxy S3 for just a fraction of the price. Well, I have loved the phone. It is my second smart phone. My first phone was the ZTE Avail 2, and it did not have this problem.

Here's the story : I plug in my headphones or I plug in my FM transmitter; and this silly phone starts pulling up Google, Searching the Names with voice, and it's just terrible. I even told it "Stop Showing Up!" but it would not listen. Its like it's mocking me. This phone knows what it's doing, and it has made me so frustrated over the past couple days I almost threw it.

Fig. 1.1 of the problem :

Not allowed

Now, I will do a zoomed in shot to show you what I think personally is the problem. If you look at that icon with the headphones; you will notice it has a mouth piece at the bottom. I think the phone is somehow believing that a head set is being plugged in and has a microphone. Instead, each time I try to listen to music, sports, or other news I get this. It will not stop; as soon as I close it. It comes back.

Fig. 1.2 of the problem:

Not allowed

I have also included a Youtube video of the problem. Notice it is intermittent and can only seem to be stopped by locking the phone. Airplane mode will not stop it. Nothing will stop it and I think it's terrible. I think people working for Google are doing this to me on purpose and other users with hot mics and cameras to study how they behave when their phones stop working.

Not Allowed

Please Help Me !!!

Thanks,
Escorbar :D

Welcome to android Forums.

This thread is apparently about the ZTE Radiant.

Posting of photos is not supported from new visitors to Android Forums ... sorry.

This thread was moved to the forum for discussing phones that do not have a dedicated forum. This is the best place to find other users of your phone.

... Thom

Well what do I have to do to get posting pictures ability or can I get help some how ?

Thanks !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones