• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEASE HELP. Might have bricked my Nexus S

Ginner83

Lurker
Feb 18, 2012
I've searched through your posts here for hours. either I'm too much of a noob to follow with other advice previously given, or I have a new problem. I decided posting my issue might be the best fix, so I joined up. Please help a noob.

OK so I have a Nexus S, which was working fine for the last year. Tonight I decided I'd try to root it for the first time. I am using Linux, and currently ONLY have access to a linux machine.

I successfully unlocked the bootloader screen, but after that, I was stuck at the google splash screen with an unlocked padlock.

After trying for hours to get somewhere, I relocked the bootloader, and tried to undo what I started.

Now it hangs at the Google splash screen, without the padlock. I have NO IDEA what I am doing. please help. I hope I didn't brick it. I need this phone.

Many Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones