• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Help!! No one seems to be able to figure this out.

ehoulston

Lurker
Oct 8, 2010
I just got an HTC Desire that was locked to Telus (Canadian Carrier). I have read that numerous people are using it on Rogers network. From the day I got it when I put my rogers sim card in (the right way) it said "No SIM card in phone" so I could not enter an unlock code. Thinking the SIM was defective went to Telus and tried one of their sim cards and it worked fine, then I went to Rogers thinking it was a problematic card. We tried 4 cards and none of them worked. I then went to Bell (another canadian carrier) and tried their sim card. It worked as well but said that the phone was locked. I purchased an unlock code from the internet which worked. Now the Bell sim card works as well becuase the phone is unlocked. I put my Rogers SIM back into it and it still sais "No SIM card in phone". I also tried a SIM from a european company and it did not work as well. This HTC Desire works on the same 3G 850/1900 GSM that Rogers uses.
Im close to giving up. Please help me:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones