• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help!

Monk3

Lurker
Mar 30, 2014
My daughter forgot her password on her a100 and for some reason after countless password attempts we do not get the "Forgot Password" button to put in her gmail account although I do remember setting it up in the beginning... So we just get try again in 30 seconds, over and over. I've looked for apps and installed some but none seem to work. Android device manager finds her device at our house but the only options are "ring" (which I can do!) and "Setup Lock and Erase". When I press that it just gives me a sending notification popup but nothing happens past that. I have tried androidlost and it's jumpstart program but although login is successful I cant do anything from the control panel, just says that google will send it when the device is online. I have installed unlocking, toggle debug enable and such from the playstore and they install (I seen in the notification area but none work. I looked into adb and have installed it but although the shows up in Explorer I can't see any files and there are no devices recognized in adb. I believe usb debugging was never enabled. I think the only possible way to fix this or get her data is to go through the SDcard slot. Is this possible? If any one has any info or even a "only factory reset is possible" answer it would be appreciated. The a100 shows up as a device connected to her google account but says device management is only available for government and educational users. :-(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones