• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please orig DInc owner, looking for News/Weather.. stocks?

phillychower

May 3, 2010
oops thread title was meant to say "pleased" orig DInc owner... can't seem to change it now.

I'm coming from the orig inc and am very pleased with the new phone. It's exactly what I wanted, something similar size wise, but 4g and with improvements to the camera. My only complaint (another thread about this already), is it complaining with an icon when not connected to wifi, and turning off wifi isn't just one click like it was with orig dinc.

I looooove how fast this thing takes pix (way better than my Canon camera), and the filters available are fun to play with.

Only 2 things I can't figure out is I like the HTC stocks app. I don't want the widget, I just want a shortcut to the stocks app. The exact shortcut I want was there when I turned on the device but not on right screen so I removed the shortcut figuring I'd just readd it, and for life of me, now can't find it. Using the yahoo finance app for now, it's comparable enough I guess.

Also, on orig inc, I really liked the News and Weather app. I think it was from google, maybe HTC. It allowed you to choose which tabs you liked news from, health, tech, entertainment, etc. Can't find this one anywhere and was one I used every day. Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones