• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please post here when you receive ics ota

I have had quite a bit of bad luck with Motorola, but I'm also thinking about going back to them for my next phone since they will probably have the best Android support and development now that Google bought them.

Yeah its true ...I just bought a galaxy nexus and have rarely gone away from Motorola and LG since I first had an LG VX 8600 ( flip phone from early 2000s) I have had the first Motorola droid a855 the Motorola droid x which is now doomed on 2.3.2 and my brother had the droid 3 from last year when it released to about April but the screen LCD cracked from one incident where he dropped it

Upvote 0
so you are saying i should back up now since i already rooted before i do any flashing..the problem is i have no experience trying to flash at all ...and i dont have a backup phone if i brick this...
If you have cwm installed, then it can't hurt to do a backup. But I generally do a backup whenever I flash a new rom on any device... Mainly because if I don't like the new one, I can just restore the old one.

You won't brick your phone, unless you flash a bad build, which is generally only possible if your developing one yourself. But as someone else said, there is no cm9 released for this phone... If you're going to compile it yourself, I'd caution you not to if you're a novice... This phone has no safety net if your compiled rom isn't done right, unlike other phones.

Upvote 0
If you have cwm installed, then it can't hurt to do a backup. But I generally do a backup whenever I flash a new rom on any device... Mainly because if I don't like the new one, I can just restore the old one.

You won't brick your phone, unless you flash a bad build, which is generally only possible if your developing one yourself. But as someone else said, there is no cm9 released for this phone... If you're going to compile it yourself, I'd caution you not to if you're a novice... This phone has no safety net if your compiled rom isn't done right, unlike other phones.

I don't have any apps or roms installed I only did the quickroot method by googling it I wanna try any Rom that's custom ics for LG spectrum ...anyone got any links....was interested in the broken out spectrum mod

Upvote 0
I highly doubt that. We can all see the file sitting on the server and they've been running the build for over 3 months now. The signs I'm seeing is that they are releasing ICS in order of phone release. It seems like a shitty way to do it, but then again, other people have been stuck on GB longer then we have. Also, would you really want to work in a call center if 10+ phones all got upgraded the same week? You'd have mass walk outs from the tech staff.

Upvote 0
I know that I thought there was but I didn't know and I didn't know how to flash and rom until the other day ..don't be a duesch about it...I have said repeatedly I have very little experience in rooting and modding phones my next task is to root an old Droid x for my brother if anyone knows the easy root methods for that please pm me or reply to this post I would really appreciate the help

Upvote 0
neph81 wrote: We can all see the file sitting on the server and they've been running the build for over 3 months now. The signs I'm seeing is that they are releasing ICS in order of phone release

where would that place the Spectrum in terms of it's place in the FIFO queue? is it near the front now? how many more phones were introduced before the Spectrum that haven't received ICS?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones