• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please read through threads before starting new ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludeawakening

Android Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2010
Gadsden, Al
This is not a major deal, but it gets annoying. This especially goes for anything concerning Froyo. I can promise if there is a question concerning Froyo, it has been asked, answered, or is being worked on. It getshard for even some experienced people to find answers when there are so many threads concerning the same topic. All of this is just a suggestion. :)

This is not a major deal, but it gets annoying. This especially goes for anything concerning Froyo. I can promise if there is a question concerning Froyo, it has been asked, answered, or is being worked on. It getshard for even some experienced people to find answers when there are so many threads concerning the same topic. All of this is just a suggestion. :)

+1 Absolutely

Upvote 0
Some people are just lazy to read other threads and some avoid the search button like the plague.

What will they do is, create a new thread and expect the members to answer his question or give him a link to their answer.

If the OP posted a question that already has multiple threads about it, just say that there is a thread in the [section] and go search for it. Don't answer or provide a link, let him do it himself. If not, he will never learn.

Upvote 0
Remember that this is still the internet and, unfortunately, people typically DON'T read prior to posting. The Admin and Owner are aware of this and decided to throw something in the Forum Rules to "help" with this.
Forum Rules said:
Also while the search feature on forums is great, and hopefully will be utilized - if someone comes here and asks a question, either answer it or don't. If you're going to suggest the search feature, be polite about it. Nothing irks me more than when I go to a forum, (and use the search!), then ask a question because I want some one on one with my problem, and get a simple "Use the search." reply. Suggesting it is encouraged, but don't withhold the answer because they don't.

These users have typically searched to find the forums but either don't know how forums work or think that their searching is done. And let's not kid ourselves.... we all know that the search function doesn't work nearly as well as we would all like.

Don't forget, when duplicate threads get posted, you can always click the !Report Button and let us know which thread it is a duplicate of and we'll merge them or close them if we think it is needed. The better you explain the scenario, the better we'll be able to respond. ;)

Remember, it's YOUR forum, the Moderators just help to keep it clean but it's up the YOU, the users, to let us know what needs cleaned! :D

As far as a dedicated All Things Froyo forum? Doubtful. However, I'm not too familiar with the Ally... perhaps an All Things Froyo thread might be useful instead. Keep in mind that these threads tend to get long quickly and people refuse to read them at that point.... kind of a catch 22.

If you REALLY think you have a good argument for an All Things Froyo forum, post it up in the Suggestion/Feedback Forum and let the Admin know. Worst that happens is he says no!

I really don't see the need to keep this thread open.... :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones