• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please recommend a case

tobyjuggler

Jan 17, 2011
Can anybody recommend me a case for my newly purchased One X, please? I have tried a few cases and can't find one that I both like and that meets my needs.

Maybe I'm being a little fussy, but the One X is already quite large in dimension, so I don't want anything that adds to that bulk, which probably means going for a skin or shell of some sort, but those that I have found only seem to cover the outer edges of the height of the phone, leaving the top and bottom edges exposed, including only half-protection on the corners being provided, if at all. I'd probably prefer a hard shell type case over a soft skin, but I'd look at either. Although I have colour preferences, I wouldn't exclude any case based on that, as long as it offered the right protection

Is there a skin/shell out there that will offer full protection? Thanks.

PS there don't seem to be that many cases for the One X as there has been for previous phones and searches at the moment seem to produce loads for the S3 or iPhone, even though I specifically search for "HTX One X", rather annoying!

I flit between this and this.

Both add minimal bulk to the phone (the tough slightly more), not enough to make the phone much bigger, but by the same token, enough so you'll notice there's a case. The Tough obviously gives more protection, but the emerge feels better to hold. I've dropped the phone with the Emerge case on, face down, and the screen remained undamaged.

All the skins I've used are pretty pointless TBH, they add minimal/no protection and feel pretty cheap.

Reactions: tobyjuggler
Upvote 0
I use the official case- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007IVX56A/ref=mp_sim_s_1?pi=SL500_SX125&qid=1348605424&sr=8-3

Looks really good on, provides protection to edges, screen and some to the camera nipple. Doesn't really add any bulk. You've got such a nice phone, it deserves a nice case!

Drawback is that it is a bit of a dirt magnet itself, especially the inner lining. I've had to rinse/ scrub it under the tap after about 2 months, but it is slightly stained. I'm trying to convince myself it just getting worn in look, but I would have preferred it if it could be easier to clean.

Overall, would recommend.

Upvote 0
Got this one and happy with it. Not great looking but does the job well and for me the buttons became really accessible.
I do have something similar, but the extra width and height those corners add appear to annoy me! I really do appear to be fussy, I guess. I want something that i will hardly notice, but protects the whole case. I have ordered the Emerge one as recommended by El Presidente for the mo.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I did not like it either. I have already broken Sensation XL when I sprained my ankle in a pothole and fell down. The way these phone screens break is if you hit it at the corner. You can even hit a nail in the center of the screen but a small drop from a chair on the corner will break your screen. So for protection purpose, I got this one.

Upvote 0
SEIDIO | ACTIVE Metal Kickstand Case for HTC One X

This is the one I have, and I love it. The kickstand is a little weak, but I don't use it that often. Overall though, the case fits the phone very nicely and protects it well. I got mine on Ebay for about 23 bucks about a month ago, and I've only taken it off once to clean underneath and to make sure no stray dust gets under the case that could scratch it.

Upvote 0
SEIDIO | ACTIVE Metal Kickstand Case for HTC One X

This is the one I have, and I love it. The kickstand is a little weak, but I don't use it that often. Overall though, the case fits the phone very nicely and protects it well. I got mine on Ebay for about 23 bucks about a month ago, and I've only taken it off once to clean underneath and to make sure no stray dust gets under the case that could scratch it.

I also had the case mate with the kickstand, but it was pretty flimsy and I ended up getting a refund as I hated it. It was bulkier than the case mate tough.

That Seido looks pretty sturdy, but I'm not sure if they're available in the UK unfortunately.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones