Pocket dialingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dme109

dme109 New Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have an Eris and am looking at the Incredible. My Eris is very prone to pocket dial and answer. Does anyone see this on the Incredible?

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

nope it wont pocket dial or at least never has on me

3. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I've never pocket dialed my Incredible (but I rarely pocket dialed with other phones, so maybe it's just me).

4. dcfan99

dcfan99 Well-Known Member

I came from the Eris too and lost both the pocket dialing and the accidental dialing due to lag.

5. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member

You can pocket dial. Don't ask me how you can with a capacitive touch screen, but you can. I have some friends with Incredibles and I have gotten calls from them when their phones are in their pockets. But I'm not talking about many calls. We have all had our phones since about the end of July and its only happened like twice. Personally, I have never pocket dialed my phone.

6. GideonX

GideonX Guest

I use the Call Confirm app to prevent this, it seems to do the trick for me.

7. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

Seconded.

I've never pocket dialed, strictly speaking, but I have accidentally dialed when in the address book.... But not since using Call Confirm.

8. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

My Inc resides in my front pocket daily. I have a physical job and an active off work life and I've yet to pocket call anyone. It would take a number of things to happen for it to accidentaly place a call.. though I suppose anything is possible. I think you will find the Inc far superior to the Eris in the pocket calling department.

9. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

+3 on call confirm

10. AndroidRider

AndroidRider Well-Known Member

how does one slide the lock and do your pattern (or number combo) not knowingly in your pocket?

11. AndroidRider

AndroidRider Well-Known Member

and on that note.. I get a TON of pocket calls from my friend with a blackberry...

12. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

THIS.

I have pocket dialed exactly once. I imagine you can if you somehow, while putting the phone in your pocket, wake the screen and all capacitive-touch-screen hell breaks loose.

13. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member

Well its fairly easy to wake the screen while putting it in your pocket. I do that multiple times daily. With the power switch on the top of the phone as I push my phone into my pocket I hit the button and wake the screen up. But there are benefits of a phone that suffers from the screen grounding issue (BTW Verizon won't give you a new phone over this issue, I've tried). Pretty much, if I'm not holding my phone in my hand or have it on a table, my screen isn't very responsive. So if my phone is in my pocket its not really going to pick up anything that touches the screen. Factory defects can be helpful sometimes :). :(

14. TnFlapjack

TnFlapjack Active Member

I had the problem of pocket dialing. I also use Call confirm and that works great. Highly recommend.

15. migeeman

migeeman Member

+4 on call confirm. I learned this early on and haven't pocket dialed anyone since.

16. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

i have a pattern lock....kinda hard to draw in my pocket so its never happened to me

17. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Never. I can't do the lock pattern, after sliding to unlock, after pressing the power button, and then click on the phone key. If you have a patter than it is next to impossible.

18. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

^^^ this

And if you don't have a lock pattern/code/ etc... That's just plain silly(read stupid) in today's world given the information our phones store and have access to.

19. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

I use the option in Google Voice to ask every time I make a call whether to use GV or without GV.

20. mihneagabriel

mihneagabriel Well-Known Member

I dont see how you can. Think about all the steps you would have to take. Plus they would all have to be done with your finger not like a pen..

21. modelyacht

modelyacht Well-Known Member

Recently did a factory refresh.
    I started adding apps, thought I had everything the way I wanted it.
    Within a few hours, I knew I missed something...call confirm.

It's not really pocket dialling as much as accidental, dialling if you pick it up or carry it before the phone locks.

22. crazyeyes

crazyeyes New Member

My Droid always dials the previous number I called when I hang up the phone. I've got it set to go into sleep mode but it's not fast enough. This is my biggest pet peeve about this phone besides the camera taking lousy pictures and it locking up every so often. It's a great computer, mediocre phone.

23. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Original Droid? Because, this thread/forum is about the Droid Incredible. Different phone.

24. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I don't have any problems with pocket dialing or pocket unlocking.

My only problem is answering the phone sometimes as I pull it out of my pocket my fingers seem to automatically swipe and take (or reject) the call.

I'll have to try call confirm.

25. BlankDEP

BlankDEP Well-Known Member

Same problem here, most calls get ignored while pulling my phone out of my pocket, never pocked dialed though