• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone not working

manjh

Lurker
Nov 11, 2023
Since about a week, I have a problem with both incoming and outgoing calls.
When someone calls me, connection is refused but I do see the call as "missed".
When I dial out, it simply refuses to connect.

This has happened now 3 or 4 times. Every time, restarting Android solves the problem temporarily.
But the problem comes back, and I don't know about it until someone contacts me through Whatsapp to tell me I am unreachable.

I have tried to clean the SIM card using alcohol, and repositioned it in the second SIM slot, but no change.
Since the call does come in as "missed", I am guessing the SIM card is not the cause.
But what is? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Reactions: manole2023
What phone do you have? Samsung M31? What wireless carrier do you use?

If you do have the Samsung M31, there are numerous issues and fixes listed here:

Common Issues in Samsung Galaxy M31 - Evolve Arenas
You guessed right, M31. Provider is 'Simpel' using the KPN network/
I ran through the list of issues, none of them look familiar. The one thing I did find is I needed to switch off roaming.
Could that be causing the behaviour as described?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
You guessed right, M31. Provider is 'Simpel' using the KPN network/
I ran through the list of issues, none of them look familiar. The one thing I did find is I needed to switch off roaming.
Could that be causing the behaviour as described?

Maybe. That phone has a lot of issues.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Maybe it is the SIM card failing? A missed call notice will come via a different channel from a voice call, so I wouldn't exclude the possibility that it's the SIM that's the issue. Failing SIM cards can work for a while after a restart and then drop out later.

You could test if you have another phone by using the SIM in that for a while - though I have known a failing SIM to work better or worse in one phone than another. But SIMs do fail, and I can't say for sure that this might not produce the symptoms you see.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones