• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pocket empires problem.

Adauth

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2011
New Orleans
A friend of mine recently rooted and flashed a custom ROM to his Moto Droid(liquid Gingerbreadv1.1) and now when he tries to open pocket empires he gets this message, game data corrupted, please reinstall.
So he has uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, same thing every time?

Anyone got any ideas?

So I did find one solution....or half a solution, so this may help narrow down what the problem is.

If you are on 6.1, and update to 7.0 but do not include the google apps, and do not wipe date, you get into gingerbread, and pocket empires works fine.

Ive tested several different ways, ive done this and then tried to go back into rom manager and apply the google apps, but that didnt work, ive also tried an older version of google apps from CM 6 but that did not work either.

So that is what i found out via trial and error, maybe someone could explain MAYBE what is going on.

Upvote 0
So after a little more research i did get everything working. Still dont understand the reason why though. Maybe someone with a little more insight can explain it.

So Start on 6.1, and you can go ahead and get rom manager up to 3.0, then click update and CM 7.0 pops up, download it and the google apps, and install. DO NOT WIPE DATA. It will go through the install process and gingerbread loads up, market works, google account sync works and POCKET EMPIRES works!!!!

Still dont understand why this happened though.

So enjoy everyone.

PS-I run am a commander and run a alliance on the honor server for dragons, alliance name is Chuck Norris, join if your new to the game or if you need a place to call home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones