• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poll: Does your pulse race when you ROM a phone?

Does your pulse race when you ROM your device?

• Yep! My heart beats faster and my adrenaline is rushing

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I get a little nervous, but nothing too dramatic

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Walk in the park. I've done it so many times I hardly think about it

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
Definitely in the "walk in the park" club for ROM flashes.

Mildly more tense if flashing new firmware, as that's writing to critical partitions, but even then I've checked the md5 sum, know what to look for in the flash log, and have files which I know work on standby if anything looks fishy.

Flashing a custom hboot which I'd edited myself did raise the pulse a little though (on the old phone - the Desire's limited storage required some serious optimisation).

Reactions: LilBit and argedion
Upvote 0
Definitely in the "walk in the park" club for ROM flashes.

Mildly more tense if flashing new firmware, as that's writing to critical partitions, but even then I've checked the md5 sum, know what to look for in the flash log, and have files which I know work on standby if anything looks fishy.

Flashing a custom hboot which I'd edited myself did raise the pulse a little though (on the old phone - the Desire's limited storage required some serious optimisation).

Were you a beginner or veteran when you did the Desire?

Upvote 0
I get a bit nervous when flashing Sony, but not with HTC or anything Chinese.

Anything Chinese? There's a lot of different devices. When I first flashed the Oppo Find, that set my pulse racing, because I'd only just got it and the ROMs were still alpha, sometimes things would not work or get stuck in a boot-loop. Now it's a walk in the park and I know that things are going to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones