Poorly fitting rear cover.

Last Updated:

1. CaftDunt

CaftDunt New Member This Topic's Starter

My battery cover doesn't seem to fit flush on the corners (camera end), has anyone else had this problem and are there any remedies for it? It's annoying the hell out of me :mad:

Cheers

Matt.

Advertisement
  2. dmunky666

dmunky666 Member

Pics? Mines sitting fine

3. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

4. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

I had to take mine off and on loads when I was busy rooting and almost bricked my phone. The back still fits perfectly fine like it's only been off a few times.

5. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I've heard contrasting stories about the back cover and how it fits. Some seem to make out that there cover can be moved and is almost hanging off. Others claim there is a tiny bit of difference in the gap between the battery cover and the actual phone.

6. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't fit as good now as when it did before I took it off 2921917 times to root it lol

I have heard in other threads people have got them replaced for nothing just by saying it doesn't fit properly. Otherwise a new one is only

7. nickw7coc

nickw7coc New Member

I regularly remove and refit my cover with no problem at all - I have a couple of spare batteries and swap them over in a moment, and if I'm in a rush to shut down the phone or have accidently booted it then rip the cover off and slip the battery away from the contacts and replace the cover in about 2 seconds... :)

My problem's been with the lens cover, the piece of plastic's so bad - I think it's a laminate and there's some defect in it - that the images are so poor it's better and easier to take the cover off, or so I thought for a while until I was trying so hard to clean the inside of it that it pushed off the sticky holding it to the cover, and now I get perfect images :D
    Not sure how much shite's going to get into the phone, but as I have the back off and on so often I don't think much will accumilate... ?!

8. biffa

biffa Active Member

On my first Desire, I thought the back was a great idea. It fit perfectly and I had it on and off loads, due to overheating problems.

I received my replacement yesterday and its going back today. The back doesnt fit properly at all. it clicks when you touch it, which you can hear in the calls.

Hope its 3rd time lucky!! :mad:

9. williamj1

williamj1 Well-Known Member

Get HTC to send you a free replacement. Seen numerous cases where they are more than happy to send a free replacement back cover. Just phone then up :)

(And biffa, go see my response to your O2 problem....)

10. CaftDunt

CaftDunt New Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers for the replys peeps. I've only had the rear cover off once and since then it doesn't sit flush.

I'll have a mooch down to my local carphone warehouse and see what they can offer to fix the problem.

Damn phone lol

Matt.

11. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

My first Desire (which I gave away to family member) had the back cover sticking out but my second and current Desire has the cover fitting in perfectly all around. The two Desires are slightly different with the newer Desire having buttons flush in with the body and the HBOOT version are different (0.83 vs newer 0.92), I think manufacture batches has something to do with it.

12. janeyg

janeyg Active Member

try warming it a little an then it should fit ok (not to warm)

13. Red_Avatar

Red_Avatar Well-Known Member

When I see people taking off a cover of a phone, they often release one edge and then really pull the cover to make the other edge come off. Doing that with the Desire cover WILL warp it. The material is too soft for such a stress to be put on it so I'm not surprised some say the cover won't fit back on again.

Be smart: release one corner (with the indent), then use a knife along the edge to pop the other corner. Then it won't get warped.