• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pop-up ads: Feedback needed!

I've had at least 1 today. I didn't notice it until I scrolled up to the top of the page (had gone to first unread post and needed to see something from before) when I got to the top of the page the add was waiting for me up there.

Edit: I am thinking people seeing it on the mobile device may have their user agent set to a non-mobile version perhaps?

Upvote 0
For those seeing the ads OFTEN: do you have cookies enabled? If you don't have cookies enabled, we have no way of realizing you've seen the ad already and shouldn't see it again for X timeframe. Please enable cookies and/or report back.

For those seeing on mobile: device? OS version? rooted? cookies on?

Toshiba Thrive running stock 3.2.1. Browser is the latest Dolphin for pad in desktop mode and cookies on.

As I noted earlier, things were fine until around 11 am eastern today when the popups came back with a vengeance.

Upvote 0
Haven't seen it on mobile version yet, skin, I always have had mobile view enabled. Before when I was viewing the full html site I did have cookies enabled and still had the ad pop up almost every time. Had to choose mobile view / skin at the bottom of the site to get it to change to the mobile view.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones