• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Popup notifications on whatsapp

henrytigro

Lurker
May 26, 2016
Hello everyone!
I have the following doubt/question. I just bought a new phone (Samsung s6) with Marshmallow already installed. I realized that when someone sends me a text on whatsapp and I am with the screen ON, either the message appears big, like a preview, with the chance to answer to it, or it doesn't appear at all.. depending what I have setted in my notification settings on whatsapp. This is quite annoying and I have seen some people that when they receive a text with the screen ON, just a line at the top of the screen appears, with the name of the person who sent the message and just a line with the beginning with the message. This doesn't work for me and in my case the whole preview popup big square appears, which is really unhandy if I am working on something else. Can you please help understanding what I can do to have the same line at the top of my screen? Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones